Liebster Award

Liebster Award
I am excited to have received the Liebster Blog Award thanks to the support of a wonderful soul and excellent writer of Pullmyfunnybone Blog.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Gems


I've recently, yet what seems like forever ago, lost a rare gem. I had grown to cherish this elusive gem more and more as each day passed. I don't believe in coincidences, but it did happen to be our birthstone. 


Now, this was no ordinary stone...no.....just, NO! In fact, she was an extraordinary- PURE, RAW, Truly UNCUT.. rock, MY ROCK.



I felt as if someone had broken into my soul (btw-it's where I keep all my gems) and yanked my lifeline. Just as one would start to pull a tiny thread- and it's been unraveling ever since, day by day.  Perhaps, eroding would be a more precise word. Yes, eroding. Just as a rock erodes with each lashing of an ocean wave.

Then, in the blink of an eye, POOF!, I was gem-less. Where had it gone and why would anything or anyone want to destroy it??  My questions are endless. The answers even more a mystery.



You ever really LOOK at a gem? Ah! the internal matrix's that sum up a stone. I mean, really examine all of the intricacies-all of the prismatic beauty, the cuts, the lines, the dullness contrasting perfectly with the sharp jagged bits encapsulated inside this semi-precious, yet sturdy stone?


For all I know, my gem could be sitting on a shelf or have been thrown from the highest mountain; easily shattered if dropped, or thrown hard enough.

I covet my gems. Why would I not?  They're in my soul. MY SOUL.

 
I will miss you until the day of sweet release....


for those reading who may be thinking- "just go get another gem"- you can fuck yourself. i don't require another GEM- i want mine BACK.


No comments: